Frequently Asked Questions
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn’s Disease
- Hepatits C infection *
- Huntington’s Disease
- Hospice care
- Inclusive Body Myositis
- Inflammatory Autoimmune Mediated Arthritis
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Damage to the nervous tissue to the spinal cord *
- Painful Peripheral Neuropathy
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Severe Chronic Pain
- Severe Anorexia
- Spasmotic Torticollis (Cervical Dystonia)
- Ulcerative Colitis
* Require additional proof of condition
- You must have an approved medical condition. (see approved medical conditions for more info)
- You must provide medical records from the past 12 months regarding your medical condition. The documents you provide cannot be after-visit summaries. A release of information form can be filled out with the medical records department at your provider’s office/clinic. Records should be sent to: Greenview Medical Clinic. P.O. Box 66750, Albuquerque, NM 87193 Fax# 505-212-3263. It is your responsibility to follow up with the medical records department to ensure they send your medical records to us in a timely fashion.
- You must provide a valid NM Driver’s License or ID.
If you do not receive your card within the 35 days, it is recommended that you call the Department of Health NMMCP at 505-827-2321 and ask for the status of your application.
Please note: Don’t let your card expire. Plan to renew 30 days before your card expires.
When you receive your card in the mail, you will also be provided with a list of approved medical cannabis dispensaries where you can purchase your medication.
You must renew your medical marijuana card once every year.
You will need to complete the following form and send it back to the NM Dept. of Health. Replacement Card Form.
There is a fee that you will need to pay to the Department of Health MCP. The fee is $50.
You will need to provide a check or money order along with the replacement card form and mail to:
MEDICAL CANNABIS PROGRAM MAILING, P.O. Box 26110, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87502-6110