Personal Production License

What is a personal production license?

A personal production license allows a patient to possess no more than four (4) mature cannabis plants (flowering) and twelve (12) immature plants (non-flowering and male plants). A qualified patient may also possess no more than 230 units of usable cannabis within a three-month period. A unit is defined as one gram of dried usable cannabis plant material, or 0.2 grams (200 milligrams) of THC in a cannabis-derived product. View full text


Personal production License requirements

You must be an enrolled/enrolling as a medical cannabis patient to apply for a personal production license.

If you rent or lease your home, or if you live in subsidized housing you must provide a letter from your landlord stating that it is okay to grow medical cannabis at the place you live.

You must provide proof of residency in the form of a recent utility bill (Gas, Water, Electric, or Propane.) The utility bill must have your name and list the address of the place where you wish to grow medical cannabis. As an alternative you can also provide a copy of your property tax record with the address reflecting the grow address.

If you live with a relative, you must provide a copy of the lease agreement that reflects the grow address, your name must be on the lease and also a letter from landlord stating its is okay to grow medical cannabis at the listed location.

You must provide a $30 payment in the form of check or money order payable to Department of Health MCP.

If you make equal or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, the fee is waived with proof of income.  Proof can be in the form of most recent tax return or most recent social security statement.

Download the Personal Production License form.

We offer free assistance with filling out the personal production license application for any patient who has scheduled an appointment with our medical cannabis doctor.



Call Now ButtonCall Us!